2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Feb 7 • Chevy’s full-scale Lego Silverado is plastic fantastic in Chicago Concept Cars Electric Cars Tags See All Jan 22 • Our highlights of the 2019 Detroit Auto Show Detroit Auto Show 2019 Post a comment China’s GAC Motor first made its main-floor debut at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show. Now, in its third year, the automaker came to Detroit to show off a brand new concept.GAC Motor on Monday unveiled its Entranze EV concept at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show. Loaded with the kind of tech you expect in a concept these days, GAC created this seven seater with the great American road trip in mind.The Entranze looks similar to Chrysler’s Portal minivan concept from CES 2017. The front lights follow the form of the front end closely, while the rear lights are tucked up under the glass. There are some big ol’ openings on the sides that make ingress and egress a breeze. Since the Entranze is electric, there’s no internal combustion engine to take up a bunch of space. And the wheels are pushed to the extreme ends of the body, allowing for even more space inside the vehicle.Enlarge ImageSliding glass doors and a front bench seat? Yep, I love it. Steven Pham/Roadshow The interior is the focus of this concept. Since it’s woke to use environmentally friendly materials in 2019, GAC claims the Entranze’s interior is made from more than 90 percent sustainable materials, including cork. The interior’s 3+2+2 configuration is atypical, but you’ll never hear me gripe about a front bench seat. The rocker panels on the side unfurl into steps, but they can also act as benches for just hangin’ out on the roadside. The interior looks like a work of art, with interesting blends of materials, colors and textures.The tech isn’t anything to shake a stick at, either. There are OLED screens all over the darn place — there are two little screens flanking the steering wheel, two screens at each front corner and a massive screen directly in front of the passenger. Those screens will be necessary to keep boredom at bay because, like many newfangled concepts, the Entranze is also capable of autonomous driving.While the Entranze is unlikely to make it to production, at least without a slew of changes, GAC does intend to bring its products to the US. However, it’s unclear when that will actually happen. Nevertheless, it’s nice to have some extra eye candy in Detroit. Share your voice 0 More From Roadshow GAC Entranze concept debuts in Detroit Detroit Auto Show: Check out all the latest reveals.Concept cars: Soak in all the highfalutin tech and design. 39 Photos 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value reading • GAC’s Entranze concept is a slick EV with room for seven • 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous May 14 • History of the Toyota Supra, a Japanese sports car legend Detroit Auto Show 2019 Feb 4 • 2020 Kia Telluride: Detroit Auto Show debut turns Super Bowl ad star
Up close with the HTC Vive Pro HTC $499 Mobile Mobile Accessories Gaming Accessories Gaming Video Games Virtual Reality Apps Mentioned Above HTC Vive The info follows HTC last week unveiling the look of the Vive Cosmos, which will come with a flip-up design, six cameras, detachable headphones, a faceplate and a vented front. Billed as a premium PC VR system, the Cosmos, first teased at CES 2019 in Las Vegas in January, will have “striking graphics [and] lifelike sound,” HTC said Friday.The company also touted its new tracking system. 1:47 Review • HTC Vive review: Yes, this is the best VR experience, if you’ve got the space “With wide and accurate tracking, gesture controls and a six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) headset and controller setup, Vive Cosmos promises a deeply engaging VR experience,” HTC said.The system can be used straight out of the box with minimal setup and also features a more comfortable headset with soft, light and breathable material, HTC said. The company also unveiled new Vive controllers that it called gamer-friendly, versatile and practical. Post a comment Now playing: Watch this: See It 0 Walmart 9 Photos The Vive Cosmos display is 88% higher res than HTC’s original VR headset. HTC HTC has revealed a few more details about its upcoming Vive Cosmos, calling the virtual reality headset its “most impressive” yet. The Cosmos will enable VR at 90 frames per second, and a display with 88% higher resolution than the original HTC Vive.The LCD display will have a 2880×1700 combined resolution. It’ll also have real RGB panels and more subpixels for 40% improved lens clarity over its original VR headset.It also comes with a swappable faceplate, so you can update it with future versions. Still no word on when it will launch, or how much it will cost. CNET may get a commission from retail offers. HTC Vive Pro Eye tracks your eyes with pinpoint accuracy,… Share your voice $689 HTC Vive Preview • Here’s what it’s like to use the HTC Vive, the $799 VR headset that you can preorder today VR games you need to start playing right away Tags See it VR games on CNET
The toll-free national emergency services number ‘999’ has been drawing growing response since its inception on 12 December as around 20,833 people across the country on average sought toll free services from it every day.”After the formal launching of this service till 12 midnight on 17 December, it received some 125,000 phone calls over the last six days,” Assistant Inspector General (AIG) of police, in charge of the public relations and media wing at the Police Headquarters, Soheli Ferdous told BSS.She informed the national news agency that out of those 1.25 lakh phone calls reaching this service, there was no response from some 70,000 calls on the other end of the phones. Besides, some 18,100 service seekers sought answers of their various questions while there were some 13,002 missed calls.AIG Soheli Ferdous said some 400 people sought various kinds of services like resisting child marriages as well as on issues like gambling, cyber crime, eve teasing, snatching, killings, abduction, rape, fire incidents. Besides, some police personnel also sought services from ‘999’ hot number.She said anyone from any place within the country can seek help for three emergency services-ambulance, police and the Fire Service and Civil Defense – using both mobile and land phone.The ambulance service, however, will not be free.Soheli Ferdous said some prank calls are also coming to this service alongside genuine calls. “But, those who give irritating calls, message will be conveyed to them that their information is being preserved and legal action will be taken against those who will give such irritating call on regular basis,” she said.Earlier on 12 December, prime minister’s ICT affairs adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy inaugurated the expanded national emergency services at a function in the capital’s National Control and Command Centre well-known as police control room through using toll-free hotline number ‘999’ across the country.The number – 999- is an official emergency telephone number used in a number of countries around the world allowing the caller to contact emergency services for urgent assistance.A dedicated call centre has already been set up at the police control room to provide the services.After ringing the “999”, the caller has to keep their phone on for further inquiries by police.
X HISDFormer HISD Assistant Superintendent Sowmya Kumar resigned amid reports of denial of services for children with disabilities.In March, HISD’s assistant superintendent for special education resigned because of reports children with special needs were denied services.But the door is open for her return, as Houston Public Media has uncovered.When HISD administrator Sowmya Kumar was pressured to leave her post over special education, she and the school district negotiated her departure.Houston Public Media obtained a copy of that agreement. It shows that Kumar, who had a six-figure salary, got paid for the rest of the school year and agreed not to sue the district. It also states that Kumar is eligible to work at HISD again as an employee or consultant, as early as September 2017.“This is a benefit that was negotiated for this administrator that well up into 99 percent of the other employees who leave under these types of clouds, if you will, don’t get,” said Chris Tritico, a legal analyst.Tritico has worked on settlements like this for other educators and said that he doesn’t see this very often.“It is a rare occasion that when you have someone with this much public scrutiny and this high-profile situation, that you get a settlement agreement that says they’re almost immediately eligible for rehire,” he explained.When Kumar resigned, there was growing scrutiny over families struggling to get services for their children with disabilities.There’s also an ongoing federal investigation into a statewide policy that has discouraged schools from providing special ed services for over a decade. That federal report is expected this summer. Share 00:00 /01:20 Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:
Kolkata: The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) on Thursday announced the schedule of Madhyamik Examination 2020. The examination will start from February 18 and end on February 27. The WBBSE usually announces the schedule of the examination for the next year while publishing the results for the examination. But this year, WBBSE president Kalyanmoy Ganguly had said that the schedule of 2020 examination would be announced later. A notification announcing the examination schedule was released on the website of the Madhyamik Board. The dates for Physical Education, Social Service and Work Education will be announced later.